RIIWHS204E: Work Safely At Heights
Get Your Working at Heights ticket in Brisbane/Gold Coast
Here at Affordable Industry Training we have a work simulated set up and we are designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills to safely work in any Height situation.
This course is aimed at General Construction, Mining, Building Sites, Factories and any other work situations where work is conducted in a place where a fall from any one level to another is possible.
From the initial risk assessment through to the risk avoidance, the course covers all aspects of safety with regards to Working at Heights.
You will understand the risks associated with equipment such as ladders and scaffolding and will effectively be able to reduce such risks. All Training Materials, Resources and Safety Equipment supplied.
At Affordable Industry Training, you’ll be working towards your working at heights ticket with a team of friendly, fully-accredited assessors and trainers that have years of accumulated experience they’ll put to excellent use. You’re sure to get your working at heights ticket quickly when they’re helping you behind the controls. We issue you with a nationally recognised statement of attainment certificate plus a photo ID card on completion of the course.
This units covers working at heights in the resources and infrastructure industries. It includes planning and preparing, accessing and inspecting equipment, perform working at heights and carrying out clean up and maintenance.
We offer our courses 7 days a week which is sure to fit around your work timetable. The courses run until you achieve competency in the standard and are fit to use a roller safely and professionally. This way, you’ll come out of our world-class training facility with all the accreditation you require to get working.
This course consists of a theory component and a practical training component. The theory component will include watching safety and instructional clips, as well as industry PowerPoint presentations. Once you have completed the theory, you’ll be given a training plan which includes all the RIIWHS204E elements and tasks for you to practice.
For the practical training, our training site is fully work-simulated and designed to resemble the modern worksite as much as possible, which ensures that you learn the necessary skills in the best possible environment. Once you’ve completed the training, you will move on to the assessments (theory and practical) once these are successfully completed you will be deemed competent in all areas.
We also offer VOC (verification of competency) and RPL (recognition of prior learning) courses for this unit.
1 day (depending on students skill level)
- Be at least 15 years old at commencement of training (WH&S requirement)
- Provide two forms of ID
- Be able to read and write basic English (WH&S requirement)
- Wear steel cap boots or sturdy work boots to training
Eligible participants under this program:
- AN ELIGIBLE WORKER: Employed in Queensland within the building and construction industry. an unemployed eligible worker. Unemployed for a period not greater than 4 years who would otherwise meet the requirements of an eligible worker.
- or self employed.
and must be
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen; or
- a permanent resident of Australia; or
- A VISA HOLDER WITH RELEVANT PERMISSION TO WORK
and must not be:
- currently enrolled and participating in a school program (excluding eligible school based apprentices and trainees); or
- a contracted trainer and assessor or existing worker of an RTO; or
- already funded by an Authority or other such source for delivery of the same training being undertaken as part of this program
Find out more about our CSQ Funding